Fellowships & Grants
GSCD Freeman Foundation Fellowship Grant
Graduate Student Career Development is pleased to offer competitive grants for up to $4,000 to help defray the cost of pursuing an internship in East Asia or Southeast Asia.
Not sure if an internship or work experience will make a difference to employers?
Employers surveyed by GSCD for the Employment Qualifications and Skills Report rated the following qualifications as very important when making hiring decisions:
- International experience and contacts
- Foreign language skills
- Cross cultural competencies and communication skills
Where have previous Elliott School students interned in Asia?
Below are a few examples of the countries/organizations past Elliott School students have interned in Asia:
- The Clinton Foundation-China
- US Department of State–Japan, Vietnam, and China
- UNICEF East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office–Thailand
- US Commerce Department Foreign Commercial Services-Singapore
- Development Alternatives, Inc.-Cambodia
Please log into Elliott School Career Connection (ESCC) and click the Document Library for more information on the Freeman Foundation Fellowship Grant for Internships in Asia. Also, please contact Angella Griffin, Director, at 202-994-3788 or AGRIFFIN@gwu.edu if you have additional questions.