Work at Commencement
All appointments for interviews to work at Commencement on the National Mall are currently taken. If more appointments become available, we will include a link to sign-up on this website. Thank you for your interest in the Commencement student staff positions.
Work at Commencement on the National Mall!
If you want to…
* see your friends graduate,
* earn extra money before summer begins,
* extend the stay in your residence hall until May 21 at no charge, and
* be part of a university tradition
…then a Commencement Student Staff position is right for you!
The Office of University Events is looking for student staffers to work at Commencement on the National Mall on Sunday, May 20, 2012.
Staff must have the following qualities:
- Outgoing demeanor and pleasant disposition
- Good communication skills
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Stand for long periods of time
- Own a cell phone
Staff duties include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Greet guests in a welcoming manner
- Assist guests and patrons with seating and providing information to ensure safe and enjoyable experience, inside and outside the venue
- Coordinate shuttles
- Breakdown chairs
- Door/venue access control and crowd control
- Other duties as assigned
- Commencement will be held at the National Mall, which is a series of grassy fields surrounded by gravel walkways
- Positions may be located inside or outside, which may require employees to work in inclement weather
- Attire - All employees will be required to wear clean tennis shoes and either khaki pants or khaki shorts long enough to reach the tip of your longest finger
- Commencement student staff wage is $8.25 an hour; work study students may apply.
Interviews will be held on weekdays between March 19-30.
For more information, please contact University Events at 202-994-7129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.