Image of the Tempietto in Kogan Plaza during cherry blossom season

Apply for Financial Assistance

Applying for assistance at The George Washington University is an important step in preparing for undergraduate and graduate study.

Learn how to apply for Undergraduate Financial Assistance

Research Funding

Veterans Memorial Park

Research assistant positions and research traineeships are available to graduate students in academic departments with sponsored research grants. Some departments also have graduate research assistantships funded by GW.

Research Appointments

Faculty members serving as principal investigators on research grants may hire GW students as research assistants. Contact your department to find out if any such opportunities are available.

Research Traineeships

Programs sometimes sponsor research traineeships. These merit-based awards provide varying stipends to fund technical training. Awards are available only in selected fields. Contact your department for more information.

The Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships

The Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships provides general information and a wide variety of assistance with graduate support opportunities. The office also holds informational meetings on a variety of fellowships and provides GW students with workshops and special assistance on aspects of the application process such as essay writing and interviewing.