Image of the Tempietto in Kogan Plaza during cherry blossom season


The Office of Non-Degree Students (ONDS) supports students who are not enrolled in a degree or certificate program through GW, but would like to take a class. This includes:

  • visiting students and professionals
  • students admitted to GW for a future semester
  • individuals enrolled in certain special programs

As a non-degree student, you do not earn a certificate or degree from GW, but can take courses for a grade, earn credits and receive an official academic record.

Apply to Take a Course

Follow the enrollment process based on the type of student you are. If you are unsure of the process you should follow, please contact the Office of Non-Degree Students.

As of Fall 2014, Corcoran Arts Continuing Education is part of the George Washington University's Office of Non-Degree Students.