Welcome to the alumni page of the School of Media and Public Affairs. When students finish their work at SMPA, they join a tight-knit group of professionals throughout the world and right here in Washington. Our alumni practice the art of communication at top news organizations, government agencies, PR firms, and not-for-profits, as well as in the corporate world and academia.
Graduates of SMPA are:
- Serving at the Departments of Treasury, Defense, Agriculture, the House and the Senate.
- Reporting at CNN, Fox News Channel, CBS, ABC, AP and The Boston Globe.
- Writing influential opinion pieces in leading publications and blogs around the country.
- Innovating at Campaign Solutions, Blue State Digital, iConflict.com and Facebook.
- Advocating at the Save Darfur Coalition, Equal Justice Works and the Sierra Club.
During the 2008 presidential election, SMPA graduates worked on the campaigns of Mitt Romney, John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and Barack Obama.
The Alumni House
Make Alumni House your first stop for information on alumni benefits and services, the GW Alumni Association, a calendar of alumni events, and much more.
The Office of University Development has information on giving and the GW Centuries Campaign: "A Legacy of Opportunity, an Opportunity for Excellence."