Fellowships & Grants
Ministry of Education (MOE) Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES)
The Ministry of Education (MOE) in the Republic of China (Taiwan) provides the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) for foreign Mandarin/Chinese learners including beginners to study at any accredited Mandarin center in a university or college in Taiwan. Award Value: A fixed monthly stipend of NT$25,000 (about US$862, rate: 29.) No other stipend.
2 months (June to July or July to August, 2013), or 3, 6, 9, 12 months from September 2013 to August, 2014.
Number of Scholarships
5. (For the public)
March 31, 2013
- Applicants must be American citizens
- be above the age of 18
- possess a high school diploma or above
- excellent academic performance, and be of good moral character
- Candidates with one of the following qualifications may not apply. (Applicants with other nationalities need to apply to the Division or Taiwan Consulates or Missions in their native countries.)
a. Overseas Chinese students or a national of the R.O.C.
b. Are currently as a registered student at a Mandarin Language Center or has been a degree seeking student at any universities or colleges in Taiwan.
c. as already received a HES or a Taiwan scholarship, in the past.
d. Is an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
e. Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or other educational institutions.
Applicants whose official residency is in “Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or the District of Columbia” should apply to us (the Division in DC).
- Otherwise, check here for one of our seven (7) Cultural Divisions in the US where you should apply to and contact with.
- Applicants can find an accredited Mandarin center here where they would like to attend.
- TECRO plans to notify the accepted/declined candidates the selection in April or May.
Accepted candidates who withdraw the award can not apply within the following three (3) years.
- Applicants who have taken or have registered for the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) will have higher priority in acceptance. The TOCFL test in DC area is planned to be held in March or April. Please check http://www.moetwdc.org now or later for the latest information.
- Please visit http:// www.moetwdc.org for more information first. If needed, please contact Ms. Yu-Mei Li (email@example.com).