- Section Information
- What Is SEES
- SEES Committees
- SEES Officers
- Annual Newsletter
- Conference Information
- SEES Programs
- Conference Minutes
- Other Information
- Internet Links
- Slavic Cataloging FAQ
Program Committee Minutes -- Toronto/2003
January 25, 2003
Present: Jared Ingersoll (Columbia), Mischa Buczkowski (Oregon),
Jackie Byrd (Indiana), Inna Gudanets (Stanford), Tim Larson (Indiana),
Terri Miller (Michigan State), Sandra Levy (Chicago), Cathy Zeljak (George
2003 Program: Jared Ingersoll reported that plans have been
finalized for the 2003 SEES Program, "The Square Peg Problem: Specialized
Material in a Streamlined World". The speakers will be:
- Steve Corrsin (Wayne State University), who will speak on special
language materials being processed in a streamlined (non-specialized)
- Brad Schaffner (University of Kansas), who will speak on special
language materials being processed in a specialized workflow
- Jim Neal (Columbia University), who will be the discussant
40th Anniversary Party: Sandra Levy reported that no ALA funding
will be available for the event. Ideas for the celebration included:
- Organize a dinner and have everyone pay their own way. We would
need rsvp's for making a reservation.
- Investigate vendor funding? We don't need to go through ALA for
- Would people be willing to pay for a SEES event?
- Could we have everyone meet at an historic bar, rather than
planning a dinner?
It was decided that Sandra would plan for a dinner at a theme restaurant
or at the Jacyk Centre at the University of Toronto. Invitations will be
mailed using a 2nd set of labels SEES is given for the Newsletter.
Invitations will also be sent via slavlibs and individually to past
members. Sandra will seek vendor funding for the event. The event will
be held on the evening of Saturday, June 21st, during the conference.
Submitted by Jackie Byrd
Last updated 2/21/03