- Section Information
- What Is SEES
- SEES Committees
- SEES Officers
- Annual Newsletter
- Conference Information
- SEES Programs
- Conference Minutes
- Other Information
- Internet Links
Newsletter Committee Minutes
June 25, 2005
Present: Terri Miller (Michigan State) Michael Brewer (Arizona), Diana
Brooking (Washington), Jackie Byrd (Indiana), Jean Dickinson (Hoover), Inna
Gudanets (Stanford), Sandra Levy (Chicago), Dan Pennell (Pittsburgh),
Janice Pilch (Illinois), Andy Spencer (Wisconsin), Lydia Wasylenko
(Syracuse), Gwido Zlatkes (Harvard)
- Minutes: Minutes of the virtual meeting held in advance of the
Boston Midwinter 2005 conference were approved as submitted.
- Budget Report: Terri reported that the Newsletter budget
continues to be in good shape. Plans to ship all newsletters via first
class fell through because it was felt that this would be too expensive.
Sending copies to active members via first class would not leave enough
other copies to use bulk mail for the other copies. First class postage
will be considered again for the next issue
- Upcoming Issue: Terri led a discussion on the 2006 Newsletter
- Libraries in Profile: Suggestions included Tulane and
Louisiana State, as well as an ethnic library from Chicago.
- Reassignments: No requests came for changes to current
- Special Features: Dan Pennell agreed to write a biography of
Murlin Croucher who is retiring this year.
- Virtual Midwinter: It was decided that the committee would
once again meet virtually for it's Midwinter meeting. Terri will take minutes
for the meeting and forward them to the secretary.
Submitted by Jackie Byrd
Last updated 12/02/05