Karelian State Pedagogical
Vladimir Prozorov was a Fulbright Scholar at GWU during the 2003-2004 academic year.
During the 1999-2000 academic year, Vladimir Prozorov
was a visiting research professor at The George Washington University,
affiliated with the Research Program in Social and Organizational Learning.
His stay in the USA was supported by the Junior Faculty Development Program,
which is funded by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational
and Cultural Affairs. His mentor at GW was Professor Bernard Mergen.
1. The American Frontier and the Heroes of its Folklore. In a collection of articles, "Problems of Romanticism and Realism in Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th centuries." MOPI (Moscow Oblastnoi Pedagogical Institute) Moscow, 1975, 15 pages.
2. The Frontier and American Romantics. In a collection of articles, "Problems of Romanticism and Realism in Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th centuries." MOPI (Moscow Oblastnoi Pedagogical Institute) Moscow, 1976, 15 pages.
3. Bret Harte and the Frontier Tradition in American Literature of the 19th Century. Avtoreferat of the Kandidatskaya Dissertation. Moscow, 1977, 24D.
4. R.W. Emeron and Leo Tolstoy. Collection of articles "Problems of Realism in Foreign Literature of the 20th Century." MOPI, Moscow, 1980, 8 n.
5. R.W. Emeron as poet. Abstracts of the
All-Union Conference "The Problem of Tradition in American Literature."
Moscow State University, 1980, 18 pages.
7. The Problem "Individual and Society" in R.W. Emerson's Works. Collection of articles "Problems of Realism in Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th Centuries." MOPI Moscow, 1981, 10 pages.
8. R.W. Emerson's Philosophical Views. Abstracts of the Karelian Republican Conference "Problems of Social Sciences." Petrozavodsk, 1982, 2 pages.
9. R.W. Emerson's Poetry (Genre and Style) Collection of articles "Genre and Composition of a Work of Literature." Petrozavodsk State University, 1963, 10 pages.
10. R.W. Emerson's Book "Nature" (Some Aspects). Institute of Scientific Information of the USSR Academy of Science. Leningrad, 1983, 23 pages.
11. Some Problems of R.W. Emerson's Studies. Collection of articles "Problems of Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th Centuries." MOPI, Moscow State University, 1985, 8 pages.
12. Laboratory Works for Conversation Classes (Pair Work). Karelian State Pedagogical Institute (KSPI). Petrozavodsk, 1985, 47 pages.
13. Student's Guide for Home Reading Lessons.W. Golding, Lord of the Flies. KSPI, Petrozavodsk, 1956, 18 pages.
14. Students' Guide to Seminars in English Literature. KSPI. Petrozavodsk, 1986, 16 pages.
15. R.W. Emerson and "The Old Home" (Emerson's Book "English Traits"). Collection of articles "Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th Centuries and Ideological and Aesthetical Struggle." MOPI. Moscow 1986, 9 D.
16. R.W. Emerson and Abolitionsim. Abstracts of Reports at the All-Union Conference "October and American Literature." Moscow State University, 1987, 1 page.
17. The Problem of R.W. Emerson's Political Views. Collection of articles "Writer and Society. American and English Literature of the 19th - 20th centuries." Moscow, 1987, 8 pages.
18. Thornton Wilder on the Meaning of Love. Abstracts of the All-Union Conference "Literature and Journalism of the USA." Moscow State University, 1988, 1 page.
19. Love According to Thrntone Wilder. Collection of articles "Problems of Poetics in Foreign Literature of the 19th - 20th Centuries." MOPI, Moscow, 1989, 10 pages.
20. R.W. Emerson's Heritage and the American Literature of the 20th Century. Abstracts of the All Union Conference "Tendencies in the USA Literature and Journalism in the 80s of the 20th century." Moscow State University, 1989, 1 page.
21. Basics of Translation. Students' manual. In-Service Teacher Education Institute, Petrozavodsk, 1990, 62 pages.
22. Textbook for University Students "Foreign Literature of the 19th Century Chapters on American Literature: General Survey, "W. Irving, J.F. Cooper; E.A. Poe; H.W. Longfellow, R.W. Emerson, H.D. Thoreau, and others). Vyschaya Shkola Moscow, 1991, 73 pages.
23. Business Talks. Manual for International Cooperation Participants. Karelian State Pedagogical Institute Petrozavodsk, 1991, 70 pages.
24. Dream and Tragedy. American Classic Literature of the 19th - 20th Centuries from Cooper to Faulkner. Karelian State Pedagogical Institute, Petrozavodsk, 1993, 232 pages.
25. Exchanging roles: An experiment in language and culture study. Together with Thomas W. Morgan (College of Saint Scholastica, Duluth, MN, USA). Abstracts of the International Conference on Youth Research "Youth in a Changing World." Joensuu - Petrozavodsk, 1995, 1 page.
26. Teacher Education in the Republic of Karelia: a Russian case study (in co-authorship with James Muckle). Journal of Education for Teaching. Carfax Publishing Company, UK, Volume 22, 1 March 1996, 12 pages.
27. From Beowulf to Hamlet. English History and Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. Petrozavodsk, 1997, 240 pages.
28. Theory and Practice of Translation from English into Russian. Student's Manual. Karelian State Pedagogical University, Petrozavodsk, 1997, 80 pages.
29. Life Expectations and Value Orientations of Russian and American Female University Students. Abstracts of International Youth Research Conference. University of Joensuu (Finland), 1997, 1 page.
30. Value Orientations of Female University Students (Russia - USA Comparative Pilot Project). American Studies Yearbook 1998. Belorussian Association of American Studies, pp. 79-82, Minsk, 1998, 4 pages.