In this exercise, you will optically trap polystyrene beads
- Decide which group will clalibrate the microscope that you will use and help them to do that.
- With the filter removed from the setup, adjust the focus,
until you see the bright spot of the laser reflected off of the cover
- Now move the focus knob one quarter of a turn to place the focal plane just below the cover slip.
- Place the filter back in the optical train
- Gently adjust the yellow and green knobs until you find a bead
that is in focus and then move that bead close to the spot where the
laser spot was.
- When the bead goes into the trap, collect a 30 second movie, at 25 fps
- Save this to the sftp server 188.8.131.52 -- use you group login name and password.
- Make two more movies
- If there is time, repeat this with the 1 micron beads