Mount Vernon Campus - Student Rates
Student semester parking decals are available only to students who reside on, and/or attend most of their classes at the Mount Vernon Campus. Student semester vehicles are assigned to one of the following locations only:
Use of the W Street Entrance is prohibited
- The MVC Parking Garage
- West Hall Lot
There are two parking options for students:
Semester Resident Decal (Overnight Privileges). Fee: $635.00 per semester.
This decal will only be issued to students who reside in a GW Mount Vernon residence hall throughout the course of the semester. Parking privileges will be immediately suspended should a student move from the campus during a semester. For resident decals, the semester runs from the start of each semester when the MVC dorms are officially opened for move-in, to the end of the semester when the dorms close.
Semester Commuter Decal for commuter students. Fee: $560.00 per semester includes 18% D.C. Parking Tax). Valid for parking Mon–Sun, 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
A student is eligible for a Mount Vernon commuter semester decal if registered for majority of their credit hours at MVC or taking 100% of classes at MVC. Student residents of the Main Campus or students living within the 20052 zip code are not eligible for Mount Vernon parking. Commuter decals are effective the first day of classes and expire on the final day of exams (undergraduate schedule) each semester.
Semester decals are issued at the start of each semester. It is the student's responsibility to apply for parking each semester and to display the current decal on his/her vehicle.
Semester parking decal for residents parking before the start of a semester or after the close of a semester will be prorated in addition to the cost for the semester parking decal. The semester parking decal for commuter students will go on sale on the first day of the dorm opens. The commuter decal may not be prorated.
It is the student's responsibility to apply for a student semester decal following general registration. The decal must be properly displayed as instructed so that it is clearly visible.
Parking permits cannot be prorated at the start of a semester. However, students who apply for parking during a semester may have their parking prorated on a calendar month basis.
At no time will a semester decal be permitted at any other parking area. If the owner of a vehicle with a student semester decal should park in any other area than assigned, the vehicle will be subject to a violation ticket. Repeated failure to comply may result in suspension of parking privileges and the vehicle being booted or towed at the owner's expense.
The student semester decal does not guarantee the holder a space. All student lots operate on a space availability basis.
Use of GWorld Card: All students with arranged parking at the GW MVC campus should access the parking facilities through the parking garage (soon using their GWorld Cards). The card must be swiped upon entrance (swipe from left to right with the magnetic stripe of the card positioned up and away from the user).
The replacement of key cards is handled exclusively by the GWorld Office. In the event a card is lost/stolen/missing, please proceed to the visitor's lot, register your temporary need to park with the UPD officer on duty, secure a pass for parking at an alternate location from the MVC Operations Office, and contact the GWorld Office immediately to secure a replacement. Whenever a replacement card is issued, the MVC Operations Office should be contacted immediately to update the access card system.
NEW----Student Daily (Ocassional GWorld Debit) $9.00
Parking Rules and Regulations
- DECALS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO THE INSIDE FRONT WINDSHIELD of the vehicle so that they are clearly visible. Placement must be on the driver's side of the front windshield, on the upper or lower section of the windshield with the exception of Virginia residents who must place their decals on the windshield behind the rear view mirror. If the windshield has a tinted area, place the decal below the tinted area.
- Parking decals are issued each semester to duly registered students as a means of identification for admittance to the parking facilities. Decals will be issued only to those students presenting a valid student picture GWorld ID card and valid vehicle registration card at the time of registration. Vehicles must be registered in the student's name or his/her family name (same last name).
- The current semester decal must be properly displayed. There will be a one-week grace period at the start of the semester to allow students to obtain the current parking permit. Beyond the first week of classes, there is no grace period for renewing semester permits. Those persons who do not renew and properly display the current semester are considered parking in violation.
- The University is not responsible for damages to, or any loss of items from vehicles parked in its facilities. Please do not leave valuable articles in vehicles parked in university parking facilities.
- Special parking arrangements will be provided for physically handicapped individuals, as required. Persons with disabilities with parking needs should inquire at the MVC Operations Office.
- Vehicles towed from, or immobilized on, university property for violation of rules and regulations will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Violation tickets are issued by UPD or Parking Services staff at GW MVC.
Citation Rates & Appeal Process
- Hearings are held by the Student Traffic Board to hear challenges to charges contained in notices of violation(s) issued by Parking Services/UPD. To challenge the charges cited in a notice, a hearing request must be made to the Parking Office, The George Washington University, 2211 H St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20052 within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of issuance of the ticket. Failure to apply for a hearing within thirty (30) calendar days (during the academic year) of requesting a hearing will result in automatic forfeiture of any right to appeal, and the violation and/or fine(s) will stand. Any student with outstanding parking fines or who is in violation of the rules and regulations will have his records in the Registrar's Office encumbered by Student Accounts.
- Parking violations can be paid in the Main Campus Parking Office, 2211 H Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20052 or in person at the MVC Operations Office. Violations can be paid through the mail by making a check for the exact amount of the fine(s) payable to "The George Washington University." Checks should be mailed to the above address.
Website Last Updated: December 30, 2011