Mount Vernon Campus - Faculty/Staff Rates
Parking Options and Fees
Full-Time Faculty & Staff Contract Parking
Contract Parking at the George Washington University at Mount Vernon Campus is restricted to employees assigned to the Mount Vernon Campus. Monthly Fee: $160.00 (includes tax) fee deducted from pay monthly. Only full-time employees are eligible for Contract Parking. Faculty who are on a 10-month or 8-month pay schedule will have their monthly parking fee for the fiscal year adjusted accordingly. Staff members will have the total monthly fee deducted accordingly to their pay schedule. Biweekly paid - 2 equal deductions; monthly paid - 1 deduction. Annual fee is $1920.00. Payment in full for the fiscal year can be made on a contract permit by submitting payment by cash or check to the Main Campus Parking Office or the Mount Vernon Operations Office with the appropriate forms.
The George Washington University offers to all GW Contract Parkers the benefit of Pre-Tax Parking. This benefit recognizes parking deductions before payroll taxes.
The University reserves the right to adjust parking fees at the beginning of each fiscal year.
If any Contract Parker chooses to discontinue parking, the privileges can be canceled at anytime. Activation and cancellation can only be prorated on a full or half month basis. For instance, cancellation between the 1st and the 15th of the month, will result in a half month charge; cancellation after the 15th will result in a full month charge for parking.You must complete a termination form at the Faculty Staff Services Center tto stop payrol deductions. Faculty members who do not wish to have parking privileges during the summer months or while on sabbatical, must follow procedures to cancel parking. Note that the Parking Office timeline in suspending parking deductions is entirely dependent on the payroll cycle.
back to top
Registered carpoolers registered with Parking and Trasnprotiation Services pay $195 per month on the Foggy Bottom Campus and $110 per month on the Mount Vernon Campus. A Carpool is defined as two or more GWU employees' sharing the program. Parking fees will be paid via payroll deduction and the fee will be divided equally amongst the registered carpoolers.
The University has partnered with "NuRide", a flexible ride sharing program that encourages and rewards carpooling. The free program serves employees at the Main, Mount Vernon and Virginia campuses. You can sign up for one ride or for recurring rides. Registered riders earn reward points for every carpool ride. Points can be redeemed for gift cards, discounts and event tickets. To enroll go to
NuRide - the Rewarding Way to Go
The University's enrollment in "NuRide" and the creation of a discounted parking rate for carpoolers are components of an ongoing effort to promote "Sustainability" on our campuses. For more information on sustainability at GW, please visit Sustainability--The George Washington University
back to top
Occasional (Daily) Parking
Mount Vernon employees requiring occasional (daily) parking may pay on a daily basis at the fee of $9.00 per calendar day. This parking option is available at the Mount Vernon Garage located at West Hall.
Locations: Contract Parking for faculty and staff members shall be assigned to the Mount Vernon Parking Garage. All spaces are available on a first-come-first-serve basis for assigned parkers.
back to top
Use of GWorld Card
Faculty and staff members assigned to the garage are other able to access the facilities using their GWorld Cards. The card must be swiped on entrance (swipe from left to right with the magnetic stripe of the card positioned up and away from the user). Any problems with usage must be reported to the attendant immediately.
Replacement cards are handled exclusively by the GWorld Office. In the event a card is lost/stolen/missing, please proceed to the visitor's lot, register your temporary need to park with the UPD officer on duty, and contact the GWorld Office immediately to secure a replacement.
back to top
Faculty/staff members, assigned to the Mount Vernon Campus, who pay for Contract Parking at the Main Campus, are eligible to receive a decal for each vehicle registered for the one-time decal charge of $10.00, each additional decal will cost $1.00/decal. No parking fees will be charged. Individuals who have payroll deduction at the Mount Vernon Campus parking rate are not permitted to park at the Main Campus without charge—Mount Vernon faculty/staff Contract Parkers must pay the prescribed parking fee due when parking at the Main Campus. All parkers must display the current parking decal on their vehicle.
back to top
Parking for visitors and guests will be accommodated at the parking garage.
Inquiries for parking options for persons with disabilities should be made through the attendant on duty.
GW Foggy Bottom Campus Contract Parkers are exempted from paying the monthly parking fee at MVC through the shared campus program.
back to top
Procedures for obtaining a Parking Permit
In order to receive parking privileges at MVC, personnel must comply with the following. A current GWorld I.D. card will be required when a transaction is being requested. All parking transactions must be conducted by the employee to whom the assignment is made.
- Employees are required to present in person to the Mount Vernon Operations Office a completed parking application form (with departmental supervisor's signature), GWorld Card and a valid vehicle registration document for each vehicle registered. Parking privileges will not be granted unless the applicant has a car registered in his/her name or his/her family name. Parking privileges extend to properly registered and decaled vehicles only. There will be no exceptions to this regulation.
- Personnel who require an additional decal after the original issuance of parking privileges must present, in person, the valid registration for the vehicle for which the decal is needed. There is no charge for the first decal issued, however, additional and replacement decals cost $1.00 per decal.
- Applications will not be accepted by Parking Services unless they have been properly certified by the applicant's department head.
- The parking decal must be permanently affixed as directed by the Parking Office. Vehicles displaying decals in areas of the vehicle other than those designated will be considered parked in violation. Any vehicle not registered with Parking Services that may bear a decal will be parked in violation.
- Vehicles found parked in areas not designated are subject to receiving a GW violation ticket.
- Although multiple decals may be issued to persons owning more than one vehicle, only one vehicle is permitted on the lot at any time.
- A parking decal must be removed when (a) change in ownership of the vehicle takes place, (b) employment with the University is terminated, (c) the period for which the decal was issue expires, or (d) it is superseded by a newly issued decal. Liability for the decal is always with the applicant.
- Parking decals and key cards are never sent through the mail. All such arrangements must always be done in person by the applicant.
Vehicle registrations must be presented by all faculty and staff for erification of ownership before decals can be issued. Current GWorld Identification Cards will be required when requesting any transaction. Arrangements for an employee's parking cannot be made by another staff member or by a department. Parking decals will not be sent through the mail.
back to top
Special Instructions to Monthly Contract Parkers
Follow all applicable procedures listed previously in "Procedures for obtaining a Parking Permit"
back to top
- Permanent payroll deduction parking contracts will automatically be renewed at the beginning of each fiscal year, i.e. July 1st. When necessary, fees will be adjusted to reflect any increases. Parkers who do not wish to have their parking deduction continued must follow procedures outlined below for cancellation of parking privileges. Parking privileges can be cancelled at anytime. Part-time administrative staff members are not eligible for contract parking privileges.
- Personnel will be charged in the following manner when obtaining a contract permit; permits issued between the first of the month and the 15th of the month, full fee for the month is due; permits issued between the 16th of the month and the last day of the month, 1/2 of the monthly fee is due. When canceling parking the same schedule will apply--canceling between the first and the 15th of the month, 1/2 of the monthly fee is due; canceling between the 16th of the month and the last day of the month, full fee for the month is due.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to cancel parking privileges. When an employee is placed in a leave of absence status, regardless of the reason, it is the employee's responsibility to contact the MVC Operations Office regarding continuing or terminating parking privileges prior to the start of the leave period. Fees charged will be in accordance with the schedule outlined in the previous regulation. If the employee does not wish to cancel parking while on unpaid leave, contact should be made with the office before the leave period begins so that the necessary payment can be made. If an employee fails to cancel parking, payments are increased upon return from leave for the period during which no payroll deductions were made. For those employees who do cancel their parking, they will be given first priority on the waiting list when they return, if space is not available. Arrangements cannot be made for an employee's parking privileges by another staff member or any other department.
- To cancel parking privileges the employee must return the remnants of all parking permits issued to him/her along with any key cards they may have been issued by Parking Services. Termination forms are signed at the time all appropriate items are returned to the office. Only the employee who is registered for parking may terminate parking. Request by other persons or departments will not be honored if the parker is to continue employment. Signed termination forms are necessary to stop payroll deduction.
- If for some reason the employee must park a vehicle on the university facility and that vehicle does not display a proper identification decal, it is the responsibility of the employee with parking privileges to obtain (prior to parking) from the MVC Operations Office permission to park the vehicle. Permission from or notification to a parking attendant or cashier is not acceptable. The MVC Operations Office is 202 242-6648. Unregistered vehicles may be cleared over the phone for only one day. If it is necessary to park an unregistered vehicle for more than one day, arrangements must be made in the office prior to parking the vehicle to obtain a parking pass. Unregistered vehicles are subject to GW violation ticketing, immobilizing or towing at owner's expense.
General Rules and Regulations
- Parking privileges are extended only to employees of the university, and are valid for the term of employment until the term of employment or until expiration of the decal, whichever occurs first. Parking privileges do not extent to relatives, coworkers, or friends of the employee.
- Any vehicle parked in violation of university parking rules and regulations, or apparently left abandoned, is subject to being towed without notice and stored at the owner's expense, booted and/or receiving a GW violation ticket.
- Vehicles found parked at university parking facilities are parked at owner's risk. The university is not responsible for any damage to vehicles, or any articles that may be left in vehicles parked at its facilities. Staff members are responsible for checking garage height clearances and removing/retracting vehicle antennas prior to entering a parking garage.
- Because of the university ongoing construction activities that may affect parking facility operations, it often becomes necessary to make changes in facility operations and availability.
- Abuse/misuse of parking facilities and equipment may result in suspension of parking privileges.
Failure to abide by any of the above rules or regulations governing faculty/staff parking may result in issuance of a GW violation ticket, booting, towing or suspension of parking privileges. Faculty and staff members who receive more than 3 violations within a 12-month period are subject to suspension of parking privileges.
None of the above rules and regulations can be altered or voided by any parking attendant, enforcement officer or any other department personnel.
back to top
Parking Services and University Police will enforce the University Rules and Regulations governing faculty and staff parking at GW MVC. Employees are not permitted to park their vehicle on the surrounding streets.
Regulations Subject to Penalties
The faculty/staff member in whose name a vehicle is registered for a parking decal(s) is responsible for any violation involving that vehicle(s). Therefore, it is recommended for faculty/staff members to dispose of any decal before transferring ownership of the vehicle.
The fact that a person might park in violation of a regulation, but not receive a ticket, does not mean that the regulation is no longer in effect. Lack of parking space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of any parking regulation.
Vehicles that are parked in violation are ticketed daily. It is the faculty/staff member's responsibility to inspect his/her vehicle daily to prevent an accumulation of tickets for any violations.
- Any faculty/staff member with outstanding fines or who is in violation of the Rules and Regulations will have his parking privileges suspended and vehicle subject to ticketing, booting and towing.
- All fines not paid within ten (10) business days of the issuance of the ticket will be increased by $10.00
- Four violations in one calendar year will result in the suspension of parking privileges.
- Transferring of a decal to any unauthorized person or use of a decal on a vehicle not registered with the University: $200.00
- Abandoning a vehicle on University property in excess of three days: $200.00
- Two vehicles under a single contract at a facility at the same time: $100.00 per vehicle.
- Parking with an altered, invalid or void decal: $200.00
- Failure to report damages to other vehicles caused by the driver of one vehicle to another vehicle: $100.00 and suspension of parking privileges.
- Any faculty/staff member parking on a university lot while such privileges are suspended will be subject to: (a) payment of $200.00 fine; (b) having car towed at owners expense; (c) having car immobilized $60.00.
- Falsification of the application of parking privileges: (a) $60.00 fine; and (b) suspension of parking privileges for not less than one (1) year.
- Parking on days or during hours not designated by the decal issued: $10.00
- Failure to park in an area designated by an attendant: $15.00
- Failure to enter the lot properly: $5.00
- Improper display of the parking decal, or decal not permanently affixed to windshield: $30.00
- Any vehicle parked in such a way as to occupy more than one space (vehicle parked over or on the line(s), or blocking an otherwise open space or parked in a garage aisle will be parked in violation: $7.00
- Faculty/staff member vehicles parking in unauthorized areas of the University (areas not designated for faculty/staff member parking): $40.00
- Lost decal or failure to return the remnants of old decal for replacement: $10.00
- Expired meter: $40.00
- Immobilized vehicles beyond 24 hours of being booted: daily maximum visitor rate.
back to top