The two-week Senior Manager Course for personnel at the GS-15 and O-6 levels, and international equivalents, forges a new model for senior leadership training. The course not only brings to bear the full scholarly resources of one of the top international affairs schools in the United States and world, it also provides access to an unparalleled range of principal Washington, DC policymakers and other thought-leaders.
Participants learn to analyze multidimensional challenges, evaluate policy options, communicate and negotiate with allies and rivals, and build effective coalitions including interagency and multinational partners, all against a backdrop of unexpected or rapidly developing events.
- Lectures from internationally-renowned national security and foreign policy experts
- Case studies and collaborative exercises
- Complex, multidimensional simulations concerning threats to the homeland and abroad
- Briefings with senior level officials in the U.S. Departments of Defense and State, among others
- Site visits to neighboring embassies and agencies
- Networking events with top policymakers and peers
Through this course, senior leaders gain valuable insight into working with Congress, understanding the U.S. national security budget, counterterrorism and counterinsurgency strategy, energy security, critical infrastructure protection, cyberwarfare, regional conflict and instability, and more.
Whether you are preparing for an advanced leadership role in the military, transitioning to a new role within the government or private sector, or hoping to gain a better understanding of your U.S. government counterparts, this is an unmatched opportunity to gain crucial skills and access.
» Apply now