Institute for Middle East Studies
IMES Resource Library
The Resource Library, located in the IMES office suite in the Elliott School, is open to IMES students, faculty and staff as well as K-12 educators in the DC area. The library serves as an easily accessible resource for books, periodicals, and films on the Middle East.
To view our book and film collection, please click here.
IMES subscribes to the following periodicals:
Middle East Report
New York Times
Saudi Aramco World
- K-12 educators and GW faculty, staff and students are eligible to borrow books, films, and periodicals from the library.
- K-12 educators may borrow books and periodicals for three weeks at a time. Films may be borrowed for one week at a time.
- GW faculty, staff, and students may borrow books for 48 hours due to the high demand of books currently in use in IMES courses. Periodicals may be borrowed for three weeks at a time. Films may be borrowed for one week at a time.
- Materials must be picked up from the IMES office, but in special circumstances may be mailed. Our address is:
1957 E St., NW
Washington, DC 20052
- Materials can be returned in person or via insured mail. IMES does not provide postage. It is the borrower's responsibility to return items by the due date.
- IMES reserves the right to charge late fees for materials not returned in a timely fashion, as well as a full replacement fee for materials lost.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or 202.994.7904.
IMES Lecture Series
"Ethnic "Homelands": Imagining a New Middle East, 1919 - 1948"
With Laura Robson
Wednesday January 28th, 2015
Room 505, Elliott School of International Affairs
» RSVP here
Kuwait Chair Lecture
"The World: As Seen By the Arab Gulf"
Featuring Amb. Edward "Skip" Gnehm
Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Harry Harding Auditorium (Room 213), Elliott School of International Affairs
» RSVP here
Join the IMES mailing list to receive information about our upcoming events and activities. Click here.