Time Reporting System Guidelines
The University uses an automated Time Reporting System (TRS) to record time worked in order
Responsibility for Accurate Time Reporting
- Collect the data necessary to pay employees in an accurate and timely manner
- Record paid and unpaid absences from work
- Track compliance with appropriate governmental regulations
- Maintain required supporting documentation
- Allocate an employee's pay to multiple jobs (labor distribution)
The employee and his or her immediate supervisor are responsible for accurate and timely
reporting of employee time and attendance. A nonexempt employee must assume responsibility for
accurately reporting his or her hours worked on a daily basis. The supervisor must review,
approve, and report all hours worked and any paid or unpaid time off for a nonexempt
Employees may only enter time for themselves from locations approved by their supervisors.
Employees and supervisors found to be reporting time and attendance information improperly are
subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.