State and Local Fiscal Policy Program
The State and Local Fiscal Policy Research Program (SLFP) is housed within the George Washington Institute of Public Policy (GWIPP). The Program and its staff engage in research on state and local tax and expenditure policy. In addition to the Director, Dr. David Brunori, other research staff include Drs. Michael Bell, Joseph Cordes, and Hal Wolman.
SLFP's research includes:
- Studies of fiscal disparities in metropolitan areas
- The effect of changing to a site value only property tax on fiscal disparities
- The impact of local government fiscal cutbacks on non-profit organizations in the DC area
- The effect of state and local fiscal policy on local economic growth and development
- Future trends affecting state and local fiscal condition