HELEN E. VEIT
- B.S.F.S.(cum laude) in international affairs, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
- M.Phil. in history, George Washington University
First Federal Congress Project:
- Associate Editor, October 1982 to present.
- Assistant Editor, October 1979 to October 1982.
- Research Assistant, June 1977 to October 1979.
- Coeditor of the Documentary History of the First Federal Congress, Volumes IV-VI, Legislative Histories of all bills and resolutions submitted to the First Congress of the United States.
- Co-editor of the Documentary History of the First Federal Congress, Volume IX, The Diary of William Maclay and Other Notes on Senate Debates.
- Co-editor of the Documentary History of the First Federal Congress, Volumes XXIV, Debates in the House of Representatives, 1789-1791.
- Co-editor of Creating the Bill of Rights: The Documentary Record from the First Federal Congress.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Seminar in Renaissance Paleography, Folger Shakespeare Library.
- Institute for the Editing of Historical Documents (1982), Madison, Wisconsin.
- Editorial and design work on Birth of the Nation: The First Federal Congress, 1789-1791, by Charlene Bangs Bickford and Kenneth R. Bowling.
- Editorial work on The Creation of Washington DC (Fairfax, Va., 1991) by Kenneth R. Bowling.
- Thomas Jefferson prize for 1989 from the Society for History in the Federal Government for The Diary of William Maclay and Other Notes on Senate Debates.
- Graduate Research Fellow. Department of History (First Federal Congress Fellow), George Washington University.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of History, Georgetown University.
- History and Political Science Honor Societies.