|The D.N Chorafas Foundation Prize|
Deadline: 23 February 2012
The Swiss-based Chorafas Foundation gives scientific awards world-wide to doctoral students who are under 30 at the time of application for outstanding dissertation research in the selected fields of life sciences and/or sustainability. The aims are to reward exceptional research performance and to encourage significant future contributions to practical, applied science fields.
- Doctoral students who have defended or will defend their dissertation between 1 July 2011 and 31 December 2012.
- Age limit is 30 years.
- GPA 3.5 or higher.
- Students working full-time are not eligible.
Eligible Subjects of Study
- Advance Software Technology
- System Design
- Knowledge Engineering
- Telecommunications Systems
- Intelligent Networks
- Novel Internet applications
- Systems Security
- Enterprise Computing
- Environmental Protection
- Energy Conservation / Alternative Energies
- Advanced Technology in the Medical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Computational Finance
- Risk Management
- Applied Research in Physical Sciences
- Important Development Work in Physics and Chemistry
Each finalist nomination package must be sent to the Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships (paper applications are required by the Foundation), by 23 February 2012 and will include:
- an unofficial transcript;
- a supporting letter, written by the professor or principal investigator of the unit in which the candidate is enrolled; this letter has to include a detailed justification for the nomination;
- synopsis or abstract of dissertation;
- one to two page summary of the research project; candidates for the sustainability award should submit an extended research report (two to ten pages);
- a curriculum vitae (date of birth, private address);
- a list of scientific publications;
- copies of the three most important publications of the candidate; and
- a passport-sized photograph