Alexandria Partnership Fellowship
Deadline: 4 May 2015 (12:00 PM EST)
The GW and City of Alexandria Partnership Fellowship is intended for students who are citizens of or working or interning full- or part-time in the City of Alexandria. Applicants must have applied to and/or have been admitted to graduate (Graduate Certificate, Master's or Doctoral) study at the GW Alexandria Graduate Education Center. Assumed is that these students will employ the new knowledge and skills from their courses at GW in the workplace or community and will return the benefit to the City in appropriate community-based service.
Awards will cover 100% of tuition (excluding fees). Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.4 each semester while receiving fellowship funding.
- Applicants must be citizens of the City of Alexandria or employed or interning full- or part-time in a position in the City related to the student's degree program. See City of Alexandria Zip code map for eligible areas (outlined in dark border).
- Applicants must be incoming or enrolled graduate students at the GW Alexandria Graduate Education Center for the upcoming Fall and Spring semesters.
- Applicants (current or incoming students) must possess a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- Applicants must give back to the City of Alexandria through appropriate community-based service.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
College of Professional Studies
- Healthcare Corporate Compliance - Graduate Certificate
- Law Firm Management - Graduate Certificate and Master of Professional Studies
- Public Leadership – Master of Professional Studies
- Public Relations - Graduate Certificate
- Publishing - Master of Professional Studies
- Strategic Public Relations – Master of Professional Studies
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Art Therapy – MA
- Forensic Psychology - MA
- Survey Design and Data Analysis - Graduate Certificate
Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- Educational Leadership and Administration – MA and EdS, Post-Master's Certificate
- Educational Administration and Policy Studies – EdD
- Human Resource Development – MA
- School Counseling – MA
Required Documents :
All application material must be submitted via the online fellowships application portal. Instructions on how to apply through the portal can be found here.
The essay will be the most heavily weighted factor in your application package. On a separate paper, include a statement, not more than two pages, double-spaced, of your academic and professional interests. This essay should describe:
1. What your eligibility for the fellowship is based on (indicate all that apply):
a. I am a citizen of the City of Alexandria
b. I am employed in the City of Alexandria – please include employer name and address.
c. I am a student who intends to perform my internship in the City of Alexandria. * Please note that if this is the only eligibility factor that applies, the tuition award will apply only during the semesters of your internship in the City.
- In addition to the above, please note applicants must be U.S. citizens and possess a GPA of 3.4 (current or incoming students).
2. How your academic program enhances your skills and knowledge for your current or future work (paid or unpaid) and how your participation will benefit the Alexandria Community.
3. How you will return the benefit of the fellowship to the City of Alexandria through appropriate community-based service (which can include current or future service). If awarded the fellowship, the applicant agrees to submit two or more performance reports describing the goals and accomplishments of the community-based service. The reports will be sent to Connie Mokey at
Current full-time students with at least 9 GW credit hours completed and part-time students with at least 6 GW credit hours complete are only required to submit GW unofficial transcripts. If you do not meet this requirement, you must submit all transcripts from any post-secondary school attended. Incoming students must submit all transcripts from any post-secondary school attended.
Your resume should include relevant work and internship experiences, degrees earned, honors and/or awards, and community service activities.
Two recommendations are required. One must come from the employer or internship supervisor and one from a professor. There are no exceptions. However, if you have not yet begun your internship or job, you may submit an additional academic recommendation.
Please email Connie Mokey at email@example.com with questions
about the application and fellowship.