E&EM Plays Key Role in the Greenhouse Gas Conference
E&EM Lead Professor Jonathan Deason served as the chairman of two plenary sessions at a greenhouse gas conference sponsored by the GW School of Law and other organizations on April 15, 2009. The conference, entitled the Greenhouse Gas Technology,Public Policy and the Law Conference, was held in the Jack Morton Auditorium at the George Washington University.
Professor Deason chaired the sessions on “The Next Generation Personal Transportation” and “The Role of Low Emission Vehicles.”
Below is a list of the speakers that spoke at Prof.Deason’s sessions:
• Judi Greenwald, Vice President for Innovative Solutions, Pew Center on Global Climate Change
• Susan Zielinski, Managing Director, University of Michigan SMART Program
• Steve Rosenstock, Manager, Energy Solutions, Edison Electric Institute
• Tom Stricker, Director-Corporate Manager, Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
• Keith Cole, Director, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Environmentand Technology, General Motors
• Kathryn Clay, Director of Research, The Automobile Alliance
• Jeff Alson, Senior Engineer, Transportation and Climate Division,Office of Transportation and Air Quality, U.S. EPA
More information about the conference, including speaker biographies, can be found at the following web site: http://www.sustainability.gwu.edu/greenhouse_symposium