Mitigate the Effects of Climate Change,
To Prevent Environmental Pollution,
To Sustain Energy Supplies, and
To Develop Clean Energy Technologies.
The main subject categories are:
Energy, Environmental Policies and Programs and Climate Change: Ecosystem-friendly
programs and their applications; economical power supplies; energy and environmental
education programs; socio-economic factors; economic considerations; national
and international policies, programs and agreements; case studies. Reductions
in greenhouse gas emissions; approaches to resolving climate change problems.
2. Renewable Energy Technologies: Advances in solar, wind, ocean, biomass, geothermal or hydro energy.
3. Power Systems and Equipment: Distributed power generation; combined heat and power generation; trigeneration.
4. Advances in Thermal Science and Technology: Advances in thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid dynamics; research in thermal physical properties for fluids; advances in heat exchangers; advances in environmental fluid dynamics; exchange membrane technology.
5. Clean Energy and Combustion Technologies: Clean energy, clean fuels and combustion technologies; new uses of existing resources; advanced combustion technologies; application of biotechnology in energy and environmental engineering.
6. Advances in Energy Storage Technologies: Thermal, electrical, hydrogen or methane hydrate storage technologies; power generation of combined cycles; power generation with fuel cells; electric vehicles; dual-energy vehicles.
7. Urban Environmental Protection Technologies: Treatment of municipal solid waste and hazardous waste; physical/chemical treatment methods of waste; treatment of industrial waste; solutions to light and noise pollution; treatment of wastewater and gas.
8. Advances in Measuring Techniques in Energy and Environmental Engineering: Real-time and on-site measurement of emissions; advances in environmental measurement and control.
9. Advances in Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Cryogenic Engineering: Alternative refrigerants; advances in refrigeration; advances in air-conditioning with thermal storage; advances in cryogenics.
10. Advances in Waste Stream Technologies: Treatment, management and the disposal of industrial waste streams.