All addresses are in the northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C. Most restaurants offer vegetarian options; a list of area kosher restaurants is available here. A printable version of the information below is available here.
Foggy Bottom and the West End (Map)
These are within a few blocks of the meeting site. This list is not at all comprehensive.Fast & close to the talks
- Au Bon Pain – Coffee, breakfast & lunch, sandwiches, soups, salads. 2000 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Starbucks – The closest are 2130 H St. and 1919 Pennsylvania Ave., but there are zillions.
- Food Court at the Marvin Center – Selection of fast food, at 21st & H St.
- GW Deli – Deli and some grocery. 2133 G St.
- International Square – Food court, selection of fast food, 1875 I St., at Farragut West Metro.
- Citi Bites & the Wall Street Deli – Deli. 1800 G St.
- Cosi – Sandwiches & coffee, serving breakfast daily. 1875 K St., 1919 M St., and 1700 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Juan Valdez – Coffee & pastries. 1889 F St.
- Tonic – American. 2036 G St.
- Lindy's Red Lion – Burgers & beer. 2040 I St.
- Aroma – Indian. 1919 I St.
- Bertucci's – Italian/pizza. (Good for larger groups.) 2000 Pennsylvania Ave.
- The Thai Place – Thai. (Misspelled on google maps as "Thai Plaze.") 2134 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Thai Kingdom – Thai. (Good for larger groups.) 2021 K St.
- Founding Farmers – American, certified green. 1924 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Kinkead's – American brasserie. 2000 Pennsylvania Ave.
- El Chalan – Peruvian. 1924 I St.
- Vidalia – American, southern. Dinner is a little $$$. 1990 M St.
Georgetown (Map)A short walk west.
- Pizzeria Paradiso – Good pizza & wine. 3282 M St.
- Le Pain Quotidien – Breakfast, lunch, & light dinner. 2815 M St.
- Zed's – Ethiopian. 1201 28th St.
- Bistro Francais – Casual French. 3124 M St.
- Citronelle – French. (Dinner only. $$$.) 3000 M St.
- Mendocino – American. (Dinner only.) 2917 M St.
- Agraria – American. 3000 K St. #101.
- Hook – Seafood. (Dinner is a little $$$.) 3241 M St.
- Baked & Wired – Pastries and coffee. 1052 Thomas Jefferson St.
- Georgetown Cupcake – Cupcakes. 3301 M St.
Dupont Circle (Map)A short walk to the north.
- Brickskeller – Lots of (bottled) beer and bar food. 1523 22nd St.
- Komi – Mediterranean. $$$. 1509 17th St.
- Mourayo – Seafood, Mediterranean. 1732 Connecticut Ave.
- Pizza Paradiso – Good pizza & wine. 2003 P St.
- SweetGreen – Design your own salads. 1512 Connecticut Ave.
- Zorba's Cafe – Greek. 1612 20th St.
- Etrusco – Italian. 1606 20th St.
- TangySweet – Frozen yogurt, PinkBerry style. 2029 P St.
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords. – D.C. landmark offering books, coffee, and full-service bar & restaurant. Open 24 hours on weekends. 1517 Connecticut Ave.