The Gelman Library gives you yet another reason to register for the Alumni Online Community by offering you the Alumni Resources Gateway–premium electronic resources made available to alumni through the generous support of the GWAA and the Gelman Library System.
Alumni may access these resources by using their Alumni Online Community username and password. If you do not have an Alumni Online Community username and password, please click here for registration instructions.
Here are highlights of what you can expect to have access to through the Alumni Resources Gateway:
- Proquest Research Library (Alumni Edition): One of Gelman Library’s most heavily used databases, Proquest Research Library provides access across a wide range of subject areas, including business, education, literature, political science, and psychology. The database includes more than 3,000 titles–over 2,500 in full text.
- ABI/Inform Complete (Alumni Edition): One of the most popular business databases with students and faculty on campus, this database provides access to nearly 4,000 business and related titles, with close to 3,000 in full-text.
- Project Muse: This database provides access to full-text articles and reviews from over 300 high quality humanities, arts, and social sciences journals from 60 scholarly publishers.
- Dissertations & Theses @ GW: A collection of citations and abstracts from dissertations and theses published by GW students. A selection of these, generally published from 1997-present, also have a 24-page preview of the work and full-text access.
The following electronic resources are publicly available and do not require a login:
- ERIC.Gov: ERIC provides access to nearly 1.2 million citations going back to 1966 and, with contributor permission, access to more than 110,000 full-text materials.
- PubMed: PubMed provides access to citations from biomedical literature.
- GPO Access: GPO Access is a service of the U.S. Government Printing Office that provides free electronic access to a wealth of important information products produced by the Federal Government.
Additional Library Benefits made available to alumni:
Access to the Library: Alumni with a GWorld Alumni ID card are entitled to access the Gelman Library’s open collection of books, journals, microfilms, government documents, special collections, and other non-circulating items at no charge. For information on how to obtain your Alumni GWorld cards, please click here.
Check Out Books: Once you pay an annual fee of $50, you may check out general GW circulating collections material and materials at WRLC off-site storage facilities that are owned by GW.
Free Wireless Access: Alumni may now sign up for free guest wireless accounts at Gelman, Eckles, or the VA Campus Library. To create your free guest account, visit the reference desk at Gelman Library, Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (If visiting the Eckles Library and Virginia Campus Library, please visit their websites for hours of operation).
Note: in order to enter any GW library, you must present your Alumni GWorld Card. To learn more about obtaining a GWorld Alumni ID for library use, please click here.
For questions about logging into the Alumni Online Community, email email@example.com or call (800) ALUMNI-7.
For questions or problems pertaining to the online Alumni Resources Gateway, contact Caroline Crouse.