Alumni Course Audit Program
FALL 2012 REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, AUGUST 20
CLASSES START MONDAY, AUGUST 27
REGISTRATION DEADLINE WITHOUT FEE: SEPTEMBER 17
The Alumni Course Audit Program gives all GW alumni the benefit of attending a wide selection of GW courses on a not-for-credit basis. The program is available to GW alumni of all ages and DC residents 60 years of age and older who live in the neighborhoods surrounding GW's Foggy Bottom** and Mount Vernon*** campuses, and is a rewarding way to enhance professional skills, increase knowledge and pursue a commitment to lifelong learning.
HOW TO REGISTER
Four Steps to Audit a Course
- Find a course that you are interested in at http://my.gwu.edu/mod/pws/ and make sure the course is not one of the excluded courses, which are listed here. Please note: if you see that a course has a lab fee, you will be billed for that fee by student accounts after you register.
- Complete the registration form
- Contact the professor to get the professor’s signature on the form. We need an actual signature from the professor, not an email from the professor stating that you may audit the course. Many auditors find it easiest to talk to the professor on the first day of class.
- Submit your form and payment information to the Office of Alumni Relations during normal business hours in person, at 1918 F Street during normal business hours, or by mailing your form and payment information to:
The George Washington University Alumni House
1918 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
Once you have taken these steps, you will receive an email from the Office of Alumni Relations within five business days confirming that you are officially registered, and instructions on how to log in to blackboard.
*** Note: All other information and “fine print” for the course audit program is located here.
- $125 per course for GW alumni under the age of 60
- $65 per course for alumni and Foggy Bottom/Mount Vernon campus area residents over the age of 60
Auditors who select a course with a laboratory fee are responsible for submitting payment to the Student Accounts office separately (lab fees are listed on the Schedule of Classes). Lab fees may be paid after the auditor is added to the class registration system, a process which will take place within five business days of returning a completed registration form to Alumni House.
Lab fees may be paid online using the eBill System, or in person at the Cashier’s Office (Marvin Center ground floor Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm). Read more about payment options and accessing the eBill System. Questions? Contact Student Accounts at 202-994-4444 or 202-994-7350.
Courses taken through the Alumni Course Audit program are not for grade or credit. You are not required to complete any assignments or take any exams. If you wish to hand in assignments or complete exams, please speak with the course professor. The professor has discretion to determine if he or she has time to read assignments/exams and provide feedback to auditors.
Please direct any additional questions to the Office of Alumni Relations at 202-994-6435 or email@example.com.
"I can interact with people in the boardroom and then I can go sit with musicians and speak that language. I attribute a lot of that to the broad-based education I got at GW."
Read more »