|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2007
|CONTACT: Romney Press Shop|
GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY NAMES MICHIGAN STATEWIDE FINANCE COMMITTEE
Boston, MA – Today, Governor Mitt Romney announced the 30 members of his Michigan Statewide Finance Committee. These Michigan leaders will help Governor Romney expand his base of support in the Wolverine State and raise the resources necessary to be competitive on the campaign trail.
"I am proud and grateful to have the support of so many Michigan business and civic leaders. Their efforts will help ensure that our message of change in Washington reaches all corners of Michigan and the country," said Governor Romney.
Background On Governor Romney's Michigan Statewide Finance Committee Co-Chairs:
David Brandon (Ann Arbor) is the Chairman and CEO of Domino's Pizza. He serves on the board of directors of several not-for-profit organizations, including Detroit Renaissance and The Purple Rose Theatre.
David Fischer (Bloomfield Hills) is the Chairman and CEO of Suburban Collection, which owns and operates 37 car dealerships throughout Michigan and Florida.
J.C. Huizenga (Grand Rapids) is the Chairman and CEO of Heritage Academies, a public school management company founded in 1995. Mr. Huizenga lives in East Grand Rapids and serves as a board member for several Western Michigan community organizations.
Peter Karmanos (Orchard Lake) is the Chairman and CEO of Compuware Corporation, a recognized industry leader in enterprise software and IT services that help maximize the value of technology investments. He is a Co-Owner of three hockey teams: the Carolina Hurricanes; the Plymouth Whalers; and the Florida Everblades.
John Rakolta, Jr. (Bloomfield Hills) is the Chairman and CEO of Walbridge Aldinger, one of the nation's top 50 construction firms. Mr. Rakolta is also Chairman of New Detroit, Inc, a nonprofit race-relations group founded after the 1967 Detroit Riot. Mr. Rakolta also serves as Honorary Consul of Romania in Detroit, Michigan.
Ed Schwartz (Bloomfield Hills) is the President of Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., which represents clients in the acquisition and sale of companies and also in the divestiture of business segments.
Background On Governor Romney's Michigan Statewide Finance Committee Members:
· Robert Burnham, President, RWB Capital, Grand Rapids
· William Danhof, Principal, Miller Canfield, East Lansing
· Vincent DeAngelis, CFO, Walbridge Aldinger, Detroit
· Burton Farbman, President, The Farbman Group, Franklin
· Phillip Fisher, President, The Fisher Group, Bloomfield Hills
· Yousif Ghafari, Chairman, The Ghafari Companies, Bloomfield Hills
· Richard Haller, President, Walbridge Aldinger, Detroit
· Taggart Henderson, President, BNP Media, Birmingham
· A. Matthew Kiriluk, II, President, KIRKO, Bloomfield Hills
· Ilija Letica, CEO, Letica Corporation, Rochester
· Mara Letica Saad, Letica Corporation, Rochester
· Ed Levy, Jr., President, Edw. C. Levy Company, Birmingham
· Robert Liggett, CEO, Liggett Management, Grosse Point Shores
· Joe O'Connor, CEO, KALPA Systems, Bloomfield Hills
· Geoff Piceu, President, United Paint, Southfield
· Waltraud Prechter; President, Heinz C. Prechter Fund for Manic Depression, Grosse Ile
· Kevin Prokop, Director, Questor Management, Birmingham
· Joe Schwartz, Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., Bloomfield Hills
· Peter Schwartz, Principal, Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., Bloomfield Hills
· Wally Schwartz, Principal, Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., Bloomfield Hills
· Greg Schwartz, Jr., Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., Bloomfield Hills
· Greg Schwartz, Sr., Gregory J. Schwartz & Co., Inc., Bloomfield Hills
· Mickey Shapiro, CEO, Lautrec Corporation, Farmington Hills
· Robert Taubman, Chairman,
Taubman Centers, Inc, Bloomfield Hills