August 8, 2007
American Solutions to Hold Workshops
at Iowa Straw Poll
Two presidential candidates to lead separate workshops
Washington, DC – American Solutions for Winning the Future announced today that it will conduct six free Solutions Workshops at the Iowa Straw Poll at Ames on August 11. The workshops will be led by experienced leaders in the areas of the environment, Social Security, energy, taxation, immigration and healthcare.
Former Speaker of the House and American Solutions General Chairman Newt Gingrich has been holding similar educational workshops for over twenty years. At Ames, Gingrich will co-host a workshop with Dr. Terry Maple on Green Conservatism. The workshop will feature animals from the Blank Park Zoo.
“We have a tremendous lineup of workshop presenters that are all offering bold solutions to the challenges facing our country,” Gingrich said. “I am looking forward to participating at Ames in a solutions-based approach to meeting America’s most pressing challenges.”
American Solutions will also have a booth at the Straw Poll. Newt Gingrich will be signing books and taking pictures at the booth. He is scheduled to speak during the main program in the Hilton Coliseum.
The Ames workshops will be a preview of the nationwide “Solutions Day” workshops on September 27 and 29. To register for the workshops visit www.AmericanSolutions.com.
The workshop schedule is as follows:
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Central (Hilton Coliseum)
• Green Conservatism & Biodiversity, led by Dr. Terry Maple: How incentives in science, entrepreneurship and markets can provide a greener and more bio-diverse future than regulation, litigation, big government and high taxes.
• A 21st Century Social Security System for Young Americans, led by Sen. Sam Brownback and Students for Saving Social Security: How the power of compound interest and rising prosperity can be harnessed to give younger Americans a better deal in Social Security by creating an option to have a personal Social Security savings account and realize three or four times as much in savings than is possible from the current system.
• America's Energy Future, led by Curt Stamp: Steps toward a new energy strategy that will improve the economy, the environment and national security.
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Central (Hilton Coliseum)
• Fair Tax, led by Neal Boortz with special guest Rep. John Linder: A dynamic proposal to boldly simplify the tax system and increase economic growth.
• Enforce the Law Now, led by Rep. Duncan Hunter: A positive solution to controlling the border and controlling illegal immigration.
• Finding a Cure for Alzheimer's, led by Robert Egge of the Center for Health Transformation: How the coming explosion in new scientific knowledge can be harnessed to solve one of America's most painful health challenges.
American Solutions for Winning the Future is a new, non-partisan organization built around three goals: to defend America and our allies abroad and defeat our enemies, to strengthen and revitalize America’s core values, and to move the government into the 21st Century. Its General Chairman is former Speaker Newt Gingrich.