Contact: Press Office
HILLARY CLINTON REPORTS $31 MILLION IN CASH-ON-HAND
Over 60,000 donors in all – 48,000 gave $100 or less
Hillary Clinton’s FEC report today reveals that the campaign has raised the highest amount of money in its first quarter of any presidential candidate ever – and has by far the most cash-on-hand to spend in the both the primary and general elections of any in the ’08 field.
“These numbers indicate the tremendous support for Senator Clinton from every walk of life and every part of America, and assure that we will have the resources needed to compete and win,” Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle said today.
Following are key details of the FEC report being filed today:
Total receipts in the first quarter: $36 million
· $26 million was raised in the ten weeks between the campaign’s launch in late January and March 31.
· An additional $10
million was transferred from the senator’s successful reelection campaign
Cash on hand: $31 million
· $24 million for the primary
· $6.9 million for
Expenditures: $5 million
· 70,300 donations and 60,000 contributors
· $19.1 million raised for the primary, $6.9 million raised for the general
· Contributions raised from all 50 states, plus Washington, DC
· $6 million in grass roots contributions (internet plus direct mail and telemarketing receipts)
· Contributions of $100 or less: 80% (or over 48,000 people)
· $1.58 million in debts and obligations
Please note: Top sheets of the FEC report are now available. Due to the large size of the PDF file, please contact the campaign at email@example.com to have it emailed to you directly.