CNN Grills –
Situated immediately outside the delegate entrances at both
the CNN Grills are additional broadcast centers that bring delegates,
newsmakers and members of the media together to participate in CNN live
broadcasts and mingle with CNN guests. At
the Democratic convention in
Sky Booths –
CNN Worldwide will also operate sky booths as interview
production rooms and work space. CNN will have multiple booths at the
Technology – Advances in wireless microphones and earpieces will make
connectivity even more seamless than at the conventions four years ago
first introduced the concept of a floor set in
· High-Definition (HD) Coverage – CNN will shoot and air the convention in HD and will introduce new HD cameras for this event. New cameras and roving correspondents will provide never-before-seen views inside the halls and the surrounding areas during the two conventions.
· CNN “multi-touch” – Often called the “magic wall,” the CNN “multi-touch” will appear at both conventions to better communicate delegate math and the Electoral College breakdown.
· CNN Election Express – The network’s mobile news bureau will be parked just steps away from the main delegate entrances at the two conventions. It will serve as the network’s primary production facility for the CNN Grills and the live shot locations, as well as the main transmission vehicle for Sen. Obama’s acceptance speech at Invesco Field.
· www.CNN.com and www.CNNPolitics.com – CNN.com will stream live from inside the convention halls and from the CNN Grills during both conventions. Additionally, live reports and behind-the-scenes color will be posted throughout each day to the CNN Political Ticker.
· Democratic National Convention programming for the week of Aug. 25:
o A special convention edition of American Morning with John Roberts and Kiran Chetry will air Monday, Aug. 25 through Friday, Aug. 29 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
o A special edition of CNN Newsroom from 9 a.m. to noon will feature anchor and special correspondent Soledad O’Brien and extended segments and frequent live shots from the convention site.
For the noon
hour, CNN will feature Soledad O’Brien and
anchors Gerri Willis and Ali Velshi live
o CNN Newsroom will return from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Soledad O’Brien leading CNN’s special convention coverage.
o Beginning at 4 p.m., lead political anchor Wolf Blitzer will anchor The Situation Room from the convention floor. Each day, the convention will gavel to order while The Situation Room is in progress and offering the first look at that day’s activities.
CNN will move
into its primetime
convention coverage beginning at approximately 6 p.m. Anchor
Anderson Cooper, senior political analyst Gloria Borger,
and chief national correspondent John King,
along with the “magic wall,”
will join Blitzer on CNN’s floor set in the
o On the final evening, CNN will relocate its political team and resources to Invesco Field at Mile High, where Sen. Obama is expected to accept his party’s nomination.
o Throughout the day and evening, CNN’s political team will offer the latest news and thoughtful analysis. Correspondents include Dana Bash, Candy Crowley, Joe Johns, Suzanne Malveaux, Bill Schneider and Jessica Yellin.
· Republican National Convention programming for the week of Sept. 1:
Due to the
unprecedented back-to-back conventions, CNN will immediately shift its
resources and team to
o From Monday, Sept. 1 through Friday, Sept. 5, a special convention edition of American Morning will air from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. with Kiran Chetry and John Roberts.
o Throughout the week, a special edition of CNN Newsroom from 9 a.m. to noon will feature anchor and special correspondent Soledad O’Brien presenting extended segments of convention coverage.
o A special noon hour will again be led by Soledad O’Brien, Ali Velshi and Gerri Willis and will focus on the economy and presidential politics. The hour will include guests and panelists live from the CNN Grill on site.
CNN Newsroom will return from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Soledad
O’Brien leading CNN’s special convention coverage with
frequent highlights and reports live from
o The Situation Room will pick up at 4 p.m. with Wolf Blitzer anchoring from the convention floor.
o CNN will move into its special primetime convention coverage beginning at approximately 6 p.m. Campbell Brown, Gloria Borger and John King, along with the “magic wall,” will join Blitzer on CNN’s floor set. The coverage will extend late into the night and lead into a special midnight edition of Larry King Live.
o Throughout the day and evening, CNN’s political team will once again offer the latest news and thoughtful analysis. Correspondents include Dana Bash, Candy Crowley, Joe Johns, Suzanne Malveaux, Bill Schneider and Jessica Yellin.
of Multiple Platforms - CNN
Radio will have fresh
content to offer. Correspondents Lisa Desjardins and Steve Kastenbaum will
report from the
CNN Grill and the convention hall during the Democratic Convention.
Additionally, Desjardins and CNN
political analyst Roland Martin will
host a talk show live from
Kicking off the network’s extensive
political convention coverage, a pair of new CNN documentaries will
lives of the two men contending to be the 44th president of the
CNN Worldwide, a
division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is
most trusted source for news and information. Its reach extends to nine
and satellite television networks; one private place-based network; two
networks; wireless devices around the world; CNN Digital Network, the
network of news Web sites in the
All Times Eastern