|Oct. 5, 2004--A man working for the Democratic
National Committe hands
out "Halliburton Hospitality Bags" to arriving reporters. The
items in the bag are designed to remind reporters of questionable
Halliburton practices. For example, the accompanying
documentation states that the can of soda is, "A great value when you
consider that according to former KBR auditor Marie de Young, KBR
charged $45 for a case of soda. [MSNBC, 7/26/04]" Contents
also included "Your Very Own No Bid Contract" and a check for $2
|More scenes from outside
prior to the debate. >
1. - General scenes on the lawn.
2. - The ubiquitous Bob Kunst.
3. - Staffers from the New Voters Project.
4. - Supporters of Lyndon LaRouche.
5. - Making the rounds near the debate site.
6. - A man working for the DNC hands out "Halliburton Hospitality Bags" to arriving reporters.
7. - BC'04 chairman Marc Racicot outside Veale Center prior to the debate.
8. - BC'04 chairman Ken Mehlman arrives at Veale Center.
Media center. >
Post-debate spin. >
Sen. John Edwards' town hall meeting earlier in the day. >
Copyright © 2004, 2005 Eric M. Appleman/Democracy in Action.