Student Speaker Competition 2012
The deadline has been extended to Thursday, March 8, 2012!
The George Washington University Office of University Events is holding an open competition for the 2012 Commencement student speaker.
- Any student (undergraduate, graduate, on-campus, distance learning, etc.) who has completed or will complete graduation requirements after May 15, 2011 (i.e. students who earned their degrees in Fall 2011 or will earn their degree in Spring 2012 or Summer 2012) is eligible.
- Good academic standing
Click here to submit the following materials by March 1, 2012:
- Biography (150 words or less)
- Video link (Youtube, vimeo, etc.) – speech three minutes in duration
- Note: This video is an audition designed to evaluate the students’ speaking and presentation skills, so the speech in the video should be the speech that the student will give on the National Mall.
- Text of your speech
Up to ten finalists will be asked to audition in person (or live Skype) their speeches to the Commencement Student Speaker Committee on April 20, 2012. The committee will select a winner shortly thereafter.
- Six reserved seating Commencement tickets on the National Mall
- Photo with Commencement speaker
- Invitation to special receptions for self and two guests
- Commemorative Commencement photo CD
Questions, comments or concerns, contact Office of University Events at 202-994-7129 or email@example.com.