Chemical Exposure Incident Reporting
the event of an accident or exposure to a hazardous substance, employees
should perform the following procedures:
Wash/irrigate area of exposure.
- Clean and contain area to eliminate possibility for other exposures.
- Identify chemical of exposure.
- Inform Supervisor, who will complete GW's Accident Reporting Kit and any other required forms.
- Follow MSDS prescribed exposure/first aid procedures. If necessary, call chemical emergency contact number.
- Depending on severity and time of incident, report to Employee Health or Emergency Room.
- Follow medical advice as provided.
If you need to obtain further information, please contact The Office of Health and Safety at (202) 994-3265.