The HRIS team of Human Resources works collaboratively to develop strategies, infrastructure and processes that provide for the timely collection and dissemination of employee data and information, enhanced capacity for distributed reporting, and support of data-driven decision-making related to human resources.
The core services of the HRIS team are as follows:
- Work with CHRO Departments to plan, test, and integrate technology into existing and/or reengineered processes.
- Human Resource Reporting and Analytics- produce reports, data files and mailing labels for purposes of internal/external analysis, legal/compliance efforts, and communication to select employee groups
- Maintenance of Employee Data and Records – electronically process and image employee data and documents; verify select employment and benefit-related information.
- Oversight of Employee Records Termination Process- work with Faculty Personnel/Affairs, Student Employment, Research Services and departments to monitor and approve, where appropriate, the termination of employee records.
- Promotion of Employee Self-Service– encourage employees to access their employment, benefit enrollment, pay, and direct deposit information via the web. Employees may also update their campus address as need using the GWeb Information System.
- Entry of Changes in Select Biographic Demographic Data –(EE Data Change Form) Assist employees with the maintenance of personal data such as marital status, name changes, and update of Social Security numbers.
- On-Line Telephone Directory Administration- coordinate with departmental administrators to maintain entries within the telephone directory; maintain the Frequently Called Numbers list and periodically solicit updates to individual employee entries. Directory inquiries are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment Eligibility (Form I-9) process - work with department to ensure the timely collection and reverification of employment eligibility.
- Creation of Affiliate NetId Accounts - establish email accounts for contractors, Visiting Scholars (non-University paid), Friends of the University and other sponsored University affiliates. Affiliate accounts may be requested via the Account Center.