12: Leaving the University
If you decide to leave your University position, you must schedule an exit interview with the Department of Human Resource Services. During this interview we invite you to share your opinions and comments about working at GW. Information you provide is kept confidential and is useful in helping us improve our operations. At the exit interview, you will also return your GW identification card and receive information on continuation of health benefits. In the case of voluntary termination, you should notify your supervisor at least two weeks before your departure date.
Use the following checklist to help organize your departure:
- Schedule your exit interview with Human Resource Services.
- Return your ID card at the time of your exit interview.
- Return all keys, work equipment, and materials to your supervisor.
- Make arrangements for obtaining your final paycheck and/or payment for accrued but unused annual leave, if any.
If necessary, also do the following:
- Return your GW "Corporate" charge card to Auxiliary and Institutional Services.
- Check with Student Accounts Services to see that you have paid all charges.
- Notify the Credit Union of any address change.
- Notify Parking Services and fill out a termination form.
- Check with the appropriate libraries to make sure that you have returned all library materials.
Supervisors are reminded to notify Telecommunications of any changes in phone numbers and to notify the appropriate computer centers so that any necessary access changes can be made.
Please consult Sections 7 and 9.5 for additional information about termination and retirement that may be important to you.
© September 1999 The
George Washington University.
If you have questions or comments about the Employee Handbook, please fill out
the Comment Sheet or email firstname.lastname@example.org.