Our goal is to provide students with a high level of nursing expertise, as well as enhance their professional leadership skills. Our versatile distance-based programs offer the high-quality education people expect from GW, while maintaining the flexibility and convenience of online learning. These programs provide students from around the world with virtual access to the resources and experts at GW, as well as the chance to apply this knowledge directly in their current careers. The program stresses the integration of research and nursing practice with a strong emphasis on solving real-world problems. We promote strong leadership skills in our graduates.
Based on individual interests and career goals, applicants can choose among several options within the Masters of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) offerings. They include:
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Research Administration for Nurses
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care Quality
- Nursing Leadership and Management Doctoral Degree
An alternative to research-focused doctoral programs, the Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) program advances professional nursing roles in clinical practice and nursing leadership and management.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Graduate Certificates:
Post-master’s certificate opportunities include:
- Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner