GW is challenging its student organizations to participate in this collection drive by gathering used phones and other portable electronics during the winter break and bringing them back to campus in January.
Student organizations that collect at least 100 used cell phones or other eligible portable electronic device will be entered into a drawing for $1,000 that will be given to the winning student organization.
The top three student organizations that collect the most phones will be awarded:
- $3,000 (the most number of phones/devices collected)
- $2,000 (second largest number of phones/devices collected)
- $1,000 (third largest number of phones/devices collected)
Rules and Eligibility
- Only student organizations registered with the Center for Student Engagement by December 8, 2011 will be able to participate
- Only phones and devices donated between January 17, 2012 - February 17, 2012 will count towards this challenge
- Students who drop off used cell phones and devices will only be able to designate the donation to one student organization
- Donations must be dropped off at 5th floor, Rice Hall; Donations dropped off at other campus locations will not count towards the student organization challenge
Students can begin making donations at 9 am on January 17, 2012. Donations can be brought to 5th floor of Rice Hall and you will complete a form designating the donation be credited to a student organization. Once that donation and form are received, an e-mail receipt will be sent to the person who made the donation. The final donation must be made by 5 pm, February 17, 2012.