Center for Talented Youth (CTY)
Seventh to 8th grade students are selected through Johns Hopkins University’s CTY Talent Search to receive a one-course scholarship to GW. A limited number of scholarships are available and CTY notifies GW of the eligible students. If you, or your son or daughter, has received a scholarship letter from CTY, please read the steps below regarding the process for enrolling in a course through this program.
- Most recipients use their scholarship during the summer, though you are eligible to use it during the spring or fall as well. Please check the Schedule of Classes to search for a class. If the schedule is not yet available for the term in which you want to register, please check contact the Office of Non-Degree Students (ONDS) to learn when the schedule will be published.
- You are eligible for courses numbered between 1000 and 2001 provided there are no prerequisites and there is space in the classroom.
- Courses are offered at both our main (Foggy Bottom) campus and the Mt. Vernon campus (accessible via shuttle), be sure to confirm the location of the course.
- Please note that the scholarship does not cover any related course fees and materials, so you will be required to pay those costs directly.
- In order to register for courses at GW as a CTY student, you will first need to fill out a Non Degree Student online application.
- In the Academic Information portion of the application under Select your Program please choose "CTY Scholarship Program."
- ONDS will process your application in approximately 2 business days and provide you with an ID number (GWid). Your GWid will be your unique student number and should be included on your Registration Form.
- Once you have been registered, ONDS will send you a confirmation e-mail with further instructions including how to obtain a GW identification card, library access, setting up a GW e-mail account and more.
Congratulations on your award and do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail,email@example.com, or phone at 202-994-1972.