Center for Talented Youth (CTY)
Seventh to 8th grade students are selected through Johns Hopkins University’s CTY Talent Search to receive a one-course scholarship to GW. A limited number of scholarships are available and CTY notifies GW of the eligible students. If you, or your son or daughter, has received a scholarship letter from CTY, please read the steps below regarding the process for enrolling in a course through this program.
- Most recipients use their scholarship during the summer. Please check theSchedule of Classes to search for a class you’d like to take. If the schedule is not yet available for the term in which you want to register, please check contact the Office of Non-Degree Students (ONDS) to learn when the schedule will be published.
- You are eligible for courses numbered between 1000 and 2001 provided there are no prerequisites and there is space in the classroom.
- Courses are offered at both our main (Foggy Bottom) campus and the Mt. Vernon campus (accessible via shuttle), be sure to confirm the location of the course.
- Please note that the scholarship does not cover any related course fees and materials, so you will be required to pay those costs directly.
- In order to register for courses at GW as a CTY student, you will first need to fill out a Non Degree Student online application.
- In the Academic Information portion of the application under Select your Program please choose "CTY Scholarship Program."
- Upon completion of the application the system will prompt you for a payment. Please choose "check" as your payment type and the Office of Non Degree Students will waive your application fee.
- ONDS will process your application in approximately 2 business days and provide you with an ID number (GWid). Your GWid will be your unique student number and should be included on your Registration Form.
- Once you have been registered, ONDS will send you a confirmation e-mail with further instructions including how to obtain a GW identification card, library access, setting up a GW e-mail account and more.
Congratulations on your award and do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail,email@example.com, or phone at 202-994-1972.